In 2017 Oxley College moved away from traditional hardcopy textbooks to the provision of an online textbook library with hundreds of texts from some of the world’s leading educational publishers.
Traditional paper textbooks are heavy, expensive and restrict the student to a single resource for each subject. They are easily lost, damaged or forgotten. The library of digital textbooks from Learningfield will offer our students the following significant advantages across the majority of their subjects:
- Teachers will select the best chapters at the best levels to meet our student’s learning needs.
- Textbooks will be online in our Canvas Learning Management System as well as available to download onto (up to 4) student devices. Students can access relevant chapters from their textbooks online at the same time as they view their learning tasks and assessments.
- Once downloaded, students can access their textbooks without an internet link.
- Students may add comments, highlight important items and share notes with their peers.
- Students are able to adjust the size of the text to suit their reading preferences.
- Students can print individual pages from their textbooks when they need the information on paper.
- Students who prefer to listen to audio have a text-to-speech option.
- Use of online textbooks provides preparation for the use of online material in tertiary education.
Updated publications from publishers such as Cambridge, Pearson, Macmillan and Nelson are added to the library as they become available. Students need not be limited to last year’s text books.
The cost of online textbooks is significantly cheaper than paper and will be based on our students’ textbook use in each year level. Online annual Learningfield textbook subscriptions are organised by the school and charged to students’ accounts.
Stationery and Equipment Requirements 7-12
2018 Year 7 and 8 Stationery and Equipment
2018 Year 9 and 10 Stationery and Equipment
2018 Year 11 and 12 Stationery and Equipment